And still support your favorite authors!
I’ve been seeing a number of conversations around free books lately — or about returning them after they’ve been read. I’m not here to get into any controversy whatsoever. I would, however, like to share some ways you can read for free and still support your favorite authors.
1. Check out books from the Library. If you don’t want to visit one or read a physical book, dd you know there is an ebook and audiobook library app called Libby? Here’s a short video on how to use it!
2. Join ARC teams. Arc teams are a huge win for both author and reader! You get a book (before anyone else) in exchange for an honest review on a retailer site. You should feel free to reach out to your favorite authors at any time to see if there open spots on their teams. Click here if you’d like to join mine.
3. Sign up for Bookbub. If you’re not already getting daily Bookbub emails (or visiting their site), you may want to consider it. Many (MANY) books offered are free, including both best sellers and under-the-radar books.
4. Subscribe to my newsletter for my free serial stories. I also sometimes feature “free week” which means I’ll highlight a free book a day for a while week!
5. Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited or Kobo Plus. Okay, technically, this one isn’t free-free. But for $9.99 a month ($9.99 CAD for Kobo) you can read as many books as your can from their “libraries.” Authors are paid by number of pages read.